An interview with Heather Montgomery from 420Blockchain about the development of an infrastructure blockchain solution being developed by her company that addresses the seed-to-sale aspect for cannabis. Her company is creating a platform that will allow growers to input relevant information about their particular crops as well as allow for transportation companies to participate in the logistical aspects of delivering the product to the dispensaries. From there the dispensaries can use the solution for a POS (point of sale) to provide government confirmation for taxes and usage, which in turn will allow for banks to accept deposits from these companies.
Here are the key takeaways from the episode:
- Current medical environment is lacking SOP and understanding about medical benefits of cannabis.
- The legalization of Marijuana deals with black market competition & lack of supply controls.
- Regulators, banks, and governing bodies struggle for ways to regulate policies, taxation, and regulation.
- Blockchain, ioT, and Ai offer the tools to support the needs of the cannabis industry.
- Medical application of cannabis requires deep research, clinical studies, and proper data analysis to significantly impact public health.
Our URL: www.Blockchain360.co
be sure to #blockchain360 when posting comments