An interview with Marta Piekarska, Director of Ecosystem at Hyperledger, part of the Linux Foundation. In this interview, she discusses the current state of Hyperledger and her perspective that 2018 will be the year of deployment. Her are her 5 key insights:
- Hyperledger is an umbrella organization that is not “pay to play”. We encourage people to work with us in an opensource community, members get access to the additional services, but everyone’s welcome to submit patches, download code and contribute.
- Hyperledger has 8 running projects and more to come. We have working groups that try to narrow down the scope of upcoming projects. Our main advantage is that we have diversity of members. From that diversity comes variety of backgrounds, knowledge, experience which leads to open, interesting and much wider collaboration than in case of closed source projects
- We are not competitive towards any of the other platforms
- The industry needs more collaboration less of pissing contests. Only that way we can advance the technology. Blockchain is based on pure cryptography, mathematics and opensource algorithms. It is about how we creatively use them. As with any security applications, there is no point in obscurity, everything lays in collaboration.
- Blockchain is a tool, not a solution. Don’t rush to just deploy your solutions and sprinkle blockchain dust. Come up with good ideas of why you need Blockchain there.
Connect with Bryant Nielson